A new Urban Air Mobility (UAM) Hub was recently launched at High Tech Campus Eindhoven. This cutting-edge hub grew out of the successful Flying Forward 2020 (FF2020) project and plays a vital role in the development of a test site for urban drones: Beyond Visual Line Of Sight (BVLOS), as well as an open innovation ecosystem for Urban Air Mobility.
The UAM Hub on the Campus brings together developers of urban mobility solutions with strategic partners working on innovations in Urban Air Mobility for the city of the future. In addition, end users are involved in integrating Urban Air Mobility into various security, inspection and delivery applications. This new, promising innovative cluster uses the test location at High Tech Campus Eindhoven to test and develop drone applications.
During the launch event, the Urban Air Mobility Hub officially announced and 11 drone demonstrations were shown, including:
- Aerovision: Prepare your business for the future with artificial intelligence (AI)
- Senhive: Real-time detection for safer flights
- Altitude Angel: Guardian UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management)
- Nimo Drone Security: Spyder control
- technology: The Dutch drone ecosystem
- Soliton Systems, VodafoneZiggo & 5G Hub: A 5G connected car
- Aero Team Eindhoven: The future of drones in Virtual Reality (VR)
- Droneland & Airhub: DJI M30T Dock and Fleet Management System
- DroneQ: Advanced drone delivery
- Avular: Drones for industrial inspection
- Flyvercity: 5G traffic management services